1. What are the physical characteristics/structure of a Shakespearean sonnet?
A Shakespearean sonnet is a poem of 14 lines. It consists of three quatrains and a finishing couplet. The rhyme scheme is usually in an abab cdcd efef gg format.
2. What are the characteristics of a 3rd person omniscient narrator?
A 3rd person omniscient narrator is a god-like, all seeing, all knowing, narrator that can provide any point of view to elevate the telling of a story. This type of narration allows the audience to see what each character thinks and allows for a much broader detailed view of a story.
3. What poetic form is closest to human speech?
4. Meter is the Greek word for _________.
5. What are some ways comic book authors/illustrators show movement in their comic strips?
The use of motion lines which follow the path of movement as if whatever object moving is leaving a trail or a tail in its wake. The use of multiple images shows different frame-by-frame motion of a movement. “Streaking” is used as a combination of motion lines and multiple images to show a previous sequence of motions but without having to completely draw the figure/object over again. This streaking technique can also be used for a background of an image which will give the figure/object the appearance of moving fast while keeping focused in the frame.
Bonus. What superheroin did Ms. Browning dress up as last Halloween?